Theological Underpinning of a New Denomination
- The Old Testament was filled with feasts
- They had at least one feast every month
- Three of those feasts lasted at least a week
- God set up the feast system
- God commanded that the feasts be filled with joy
- When Jesus Came He was accused of being a glutton
- That surely meant that he had a weight problem, since no one that you know of who was skinny was ever accused of being a glutton.
- Most of the gospel of John was written around a table.
- The family of Jesus (in Mark chapter 3) thought he had gone crazy because he was not eating his lunch.
- What did Jesus leave us to remember him by? Food! Bread and wine.
- Jesus became angry only a few times. One time was when he was hungry and a fig tree,
though well leaved, did not yield any fruit. It made him angry enough to kill the tree.
- After the Resurrection, every time you see Jesus, what is he doing? Eating!
- Right after he appeared to the scared Apostles hidden in a room
and told them not to fear, he asked them if they had anything to eat. Luke
24:41 And while they still did not believe
it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" Luke
24:42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, Luke 24:43 and he took it and
ate it in their presence.
- The two men on the road to Emmaus did not even recognize Jesus until
He sat down to eat. Then they said, "Now we know you."
- The Early Church had only a few constant habits--items that would readily
identify them. Eating together was one of them. Acts 2:46 Every day they continued
to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad
and sincere hearts.
- How is Heaven going to begin? A feast--the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.
- In Revelation 3:20 Jesus said, "Behold I stand at the door
and knock. If any man hear my voice I will come in to him and sup with
him and he with me."
- We have already had a church split. There is now a group calling itself "Church on the Weigh."
- A heresy has also sprung up. Look out for it. It is called "Weight Watchers."
We will call this new denomination "Calorie Chapel." CALORIE CHAPEL